documentation for conditional variable expansion?

2003-03-18 13:25:30
I have been through a few different man pages for various shells, and I can't
seem to
find an explanation for ${name-word}.  I have run across ${name:-word} for some
shells, which say that word will be assigned to name (and used) if name is null
or
unset.  However, my own tests with ${name-word} result in word being used ONLY
if
name is unset.  If name is null, then null is used.

This behavior should be explicitly documented in the procmailrc man page.
WTFM!!!

Jeff