Re: How to use a global .procmailrc ?

2003-03-24 06:04:35
On 24 Mar 2003 jaigopal (jaigopal(_at_)rdsindia(_dot_)com) wrote:
I have a .procmailrc which works fine when placed in the user's home
directory. But its not working under /etc. :((
Can't it be placed like that? what changes needs to be done ?
How do I set up /etc/procmailrc for system-wide use?
What permissions and ownership should be set? I am calling procmail from
my sendmail.cf.

I'm pretty sure that /etc/procmailrc needs to be *owned by root*
and not have group or world write permission. For example
-rw-r--r-- will work.

Let us know if that helps,
Nancy
 also learning about /etc/procmailrc (and will respond to Sean's
 nice message about my "archiver" questions soon)

--
       PROCMAIL  <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/>
           IMAP  <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/imap/isps/>

--  I N F I N I T E  I N K    www.ii.com    N A N C Y  M c G O U G H  --