Re: Exceeded LINEBUF.

2003-03-31 11:35:27
On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 23:31:31 -0500 (EST), Don Hammond
<throwaway-Mlb4RZmzMfDe(_at_)tradersdata(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 30 Mar, Multimedia Fan wrote:
| Anyone knows a quick work around?
| Or tell me what I missed?
|
| I'm trying to filter some subject line keywords, started getting
|
| procmail: Exceeded LINEBUF
| procmail: Assigning "PROCMAIL_OVERFLOW=yes"
|
| I divided the recipe in 2.
| Then tried not to have more than 2-3 keywords on the same line
|
| Something like
|
|   rozac|fuck|\
|    Home Loans|\
|    Debt Consolidation|lolitas|\
|    Refinance|Hottest|Sex|Credit|\
|    Credit Card|Debt|\
|
| Can I assign  LINEBUF=[some value]?
| And if so, what are the defaults, and what do you suggest?
|
| Reading the man pages explains the error, but I don't see a suggestion
| on how to overcome this.
|
| >From the man pages.
|
| Exceeded LINEBUF           Buffer  overflow  detected, LINEBUF
|                            was  too  small,  PROCMAIL_OVERFLOW
|                            has been set.
|
| I still get the same error no matter what I did.

The line continuation is basically cosmetic.  It allows you to avoid
long wrapped lines in your code, but when the rcfile is parsed it's
still one long line.

Anyway, yes you can set LINEBUF.  I use LINEBUF = 8192, and in one place
go as high as 32768.  As far as recommendations, that probably depends
on what you're doing.  Either set it high, or use trial and error to
find the minimum acceptable level for your usage if resource use is an
issue.

Thank you for your kind assistance.