Disk quota and procmail

2003-04-03 12:11:44
Hi, everybody, for the first time in my career as a network administrator, I've decided to play a little with procmail. I've installed disk quotas over the /var partition of the hdd, and I want procmail not to deliver the messages if some user is over his/her quota, but also to warn the sender so no further messages will arrive to this address untill the user clean his/her mailbox. Searching in the procmail lists, I've found the following recipe, or some sort of it, because the original one didn't work at all, so I've had to break my head to make it do something at all.

#space check
#checks for necessary disk space:
MAXSIZE=20971520 #maximum mailbox size in bytes = 20Mb
BOXSIZE=`ls -l /var/spool/mail/${LOGNAME} 2>/dev/null | while read a b c d e f;
do echo $e; done`
FULL=`expr ${BOXSIZE} \> ${MAXSIZE}`
:0
* $FULL ?? 1
{
   :0:
| (/usr/bin/formail -r -I"From: postmaster(_at_)quimica(_dot_)unlp(_dot_)edu(_dot_)ar" -I"Subject: Mensaje no entregado. La casilla de ${LOGNAME}(_at_)quimica(_dot_)unlp(_dot_)edu(_dot_)ar esta llena"
) | $SENDMAIL -t
   :0 E
   /dev/null
}

The main problem with this recipe is that the incoming mail that triggered the quota warning is requeued, not discarded or bounced back to the sender. Does anyone know how to check the quota, and, in case that some user is overquota, bounce back the mail to the sender? Is it possible to do? I'm using porcmail 3.22 from source, sendmail 8.12.8, imap-2001a-15, over RedHat 7.2 with XFS filesystem.

Thanks,

Luis

"He choosed to live the eternity, but one day at the time"

Frank Herbert