Re: forward to multiple addresses

2003-04-03 16:15:51
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 02:46:00PM -0800, Brad Wright wrote:

Hello. I'm trying to use .promailrc file to forward mail to multiple
addresses. Here is my recipe:

:0
* ^Subject:test
! somebody(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com,
somebody_else(_at_)somewhere_else(_dot_)com

I have done a lot of searching but haven't found any satisfactory
answer for why this doesn't work. I have found conflicting advice
on whether to put a comma between email addresses. Any help much
appreciated.

You will probably want to state with more precision, and examples
from your verbose logs, what you mean by "doesn't work."  However,
I can make a quick guess and say that you're not likely to
have mail with no whitespace after the colon in the Subject line.
The brackets below contain a space and a tab:

As for commas, the point was discussed here about a week ago (again),
actually, so you might want to look at the archives of this list,
linked from www.procmail.org, and search for recent (March 2003)
articles with the words "comma" or something.  But as I recall,
while most sendmail clones won't care and won't barf at the comma,
some might.  So the answer could be system-dependent.  They
work fine on my system.  But so does leaving them out, and,
since that seems canonical or at least cleaner, I leave them out.

--
dman