Re: Procmail and decoding of attachments

2003-04-21 09:59:10

oops - Adding the `-' for stdin worked for me viz

:0f
| /usr/bin/uudeview -iqa -p /tmp/attachments -e .html -

QUESTION:
Can someone please tell us what flags to use here.
The above command should be executed on a copy of the mail
as we want the original mail to pass through unaltered.  (The uudeview
writes the results of its decoding to stdout).

Thanks

According to Vikram Vaswani on Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 01:45:30PM +0500:
I'm trying to take messages containing MIME-encoded attachments and decode
the attachment into its original form and save it as a file to a separate
directory. Can procmail do this? Is there a simple recipe for this?

I was going to implement this sometime.
My choice was uudeview -> uudeview (1)         - a powerful decoder for
binary files

so just go:
:0f
| uudeview <options>

Hey Eric,

I tried this, but I get this error: "Error while writing to
"/usr/local/bin/uudeview"

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Vikram