Re: Processing mail NOT for a couple of recipients...

2003-05-05 17:48:10
Hi!

I've got to wonder, why are you redelivering mail in
/etc/procmailrc?  Shouldn't mail simply go to whoever it was supposed to
go to?

I got a strange effect, until I realized that I hadn't restarted sendmail
yet: mail which was processed by procmail was still delivered to root's
mailbox, instead of my collect-all-really-important-mails account.

Yea, I can give you some advice: use your MTA for MTA tasks.  Procmail
isn't intended to act as an MTA, and you'll ALWAYS fall short of
expectation when trying to hammer that round peg into the square hole.

Read it, done it. I've deleted all unnecessary rules so far, all what's left
now is the rule to invoke SpamAssassin and the rule to redirect all spam to
my spam mailbox.

At that point I experienced some other effect: mail that is marked as spam
(with a score of highly above the SA threshold) wasnt redirected to the spam
mailbox.

The old rule doing that was to evaluate the "Subject" header, but that will
only work for mail that is definitely marked with SA's "*****SPAM*****"
subject header.

Now, I'm evaluating the "X-Spam-Flag" header, which is "YES" even for mail
that is only assumed to be spam. But I'm still not sure wether this recipe
works as it should...

Eduard Warkentin