Re: Procmail not picking up matches from Recipe

2003-05-13 09:57:59
Hi Scott

Thanks for the response - I've been somewhat overloaded, hence the delay.

On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 10:15  pm, Scott Wiersdorf wrote:

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 10:03:05PM +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
I've set up two recipes:

:0
* ^Subject:.*test
IN-testing/

:0
* ^TO_(_dot_)*(_at_)lists(_dot_)debian(_dot_)org
debian/
(I've also tried the full email addresses debian-user@ and
debian-powerpc@)

Logfile output from: tac Procmail/pmlog|less:

   Folder: /var/mail/clive
   72198
    Subject: Cron <clive(_at_)apollo> /usr/bin/getmail

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is what procmail is seeing. Check your mail files and you can see
that your subject is not really what you're setting it to.

I guess this is to do with my exim setup. I have a number of email accounts/addresses/domains that I send and receive mail on. Originally, I set them up so that exim would relay for all of them but it meant that I couldn't send messages to others with the same domain (eg. @clivemenzies.co.uk) so I changed it back to sending from clive(_at_)apollo which gives rise to the above problem as well as some messages bouncing because it is treated as an invalid address. I need to get my head around the mail package relationships and find a better way of setting it up -not yet a critical task ;-) I'm still using mail on OSX as a back-up

I am collecting mail every 10 minutes (cron job) and I've been sending
test messages with the subject " a test 1 " etc.

As for the debian recipe, try removing the wildcard (.*) and '@' sign,
and escape the dots:

    * ^TO_lists\.debian\.org

I tried your suggestion and it hasn't picked anything up. So I'll play with a few other combinations when I have time, before coming back to the list. I am aware I need to understand a lot more about the relationship between mutt, exim, getmail and procmail before I can really resolve all of this. This is a live environment I'm working on and so the opportunity to experiment is limited.

Thanks anyway

Regards

Clive