unable to write to logfile

2003-05-24 09:07:00
Hello All

I'm running procmail 3.22 on openbsd 3.3 and I keep getting the following
error in a root term:

picard procmail[29975]: Error while writing to ".procmail/log"

now the procmail man page says:

       Error while writing to "x"
                              Nonexistent  subdirectory, no write
                              permission, pipe died or disk full.

The .procmail directory exists (for the user, not root), for yucks right
now everybody has write access to it and the disk is far from full. That
leaves the dead pipe - can anybody suggest a way to debug this? procmail
is working fine, but Im not getting a logfile (VERBOSE=yes in my rc file).
I get no errors/warnings in the output of `fetchmail -v'.

My procmail command is simply `procmail -d' and my username.

I've just started running this on openbsd. Ive been running 3.21 on linux
for quite a while, never got this error message and can't find a logfile
anywhere. Because it didn't exist and therefore didn't get large, I never
though to look for it.

Advice welcome - thanks!