Adding Lines: header

2003-06-03 17:59:48

This is me wondering how a recipe I cargo-culted from here ages ago
actually works.    The recipe is to add a lines: header if the msg is
missing one.  Here it is:

:0
* ! ^Lines:
{
  :0B
  * 1^1 ^.*$
  { }
  LINES = $=

  :0 fhw
  | formail -a "Lines: $LINES"
}

Here's the deconstruction I've managed:

:0                               # Start recipe.  No lockfile
* ! ^Lines:                      # Condition:  No "Lines:" header
{
  :0B                            # Start sub-recipe, check body
  * 1^1 ^.*$                     # ?? Something to do with scoring any line?
  { }                            # ?? Something to do with an empty sub recipe?
  LINES = $=                     # ?? Set Lines variable to ...  something?

  :0 fhw                         # Start sub-recipe, check headers, filter
recipe not delivering one, wait for filter
  | formail -a "Lines: $LINES"   # Add new Lines: header with $LINES in it
}

I don't understand the 3 lines starting with ?? properly.  Could
somebody take pity on me.  I googled for it but couldn't find a
deconstruction.

Ricky&

--
: Usual state:  (e) None of the above.