Debugging help needed

2003-06-05 14:30:07
Hi,

I am running something called spambouncer on my system which is a
bunch of procmail recipes.  One in particular is not working and I
can't figure out why.

I'm running procmail v3.22 on AIX 4.3.3.

I can include the pattern that is not matching.  It is not working in
a number of ways.

The first is I have the variable ALTFROM set to
pedzibm(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com(_dot_)  I
can verify this in the log.  But when I feed a message, the first rule
below will match while the second rule will not.  So the ALTFROM
variable is not being expanded properly.

* ^From:[ ]+(pedzibm(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com|MAILER-DAEMON)
* ^From:[ ]+(${ALTFROM}|MAILER-DAEMON)

I'm surprised this is not known.  So I'm wondering if I should be
using a different version of procmail?  Is there a library that
procmail uses that is the problem?

Thanks,
Perry