Re: disable defang on local users

2003-06-05 16:52:37
At 16:04 2003-06-05 -0700, Andreas Freyvogel wrote:
Hello all,

I have a quick question about procmail mangling. Is it possible to disable
defanging of attachments sent by local users?

This 'defang' you refer to is something that someone wrote and may have used procmail to develop. Generally speaking, consulting with the author or support forum for 'defang' would be the best place to start.

If you're invoking it from procmail (say, in /etc/procmailrc ), you could try NOT invoking it when the message is from an AUTHENTICATED local user. If your SMTP doesn't authenticate senders from your own domain(s), then you're going to have issues trying to weed out what is really from local users and what is forged to be from them (which most likely would include crap you'd want to filter out).

If by "local users", you mean shell users of your system, then depending upon how your MTA operates, it should be possible to check the Received: lines and verify that:

        * there's only ONE
        * that it originated from localhost (i.e. a shell user)