Re: Extract Content-Type: text/plain;

2003-06-07 10:25:58
On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 10:40:58 -0600 LuKreme <kremels(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com> wrote:

L> On Friday, Jun 6, 2003, at 01:20 Canada/Mountain, Frank Nørvig wrote:
L> > Hello,
L> >
L> > Is it possible to extract part of a body, ex. only the "Content-Type:
L> > text/plain;" part?=20
L>
L> I find it ironic that you posted a multi-part message asking how to
L> strip multi-part messages.  :)
L>
L> This is tricky to do in procmail.  You need to get the content-boundary
L> from the headers, then search the body for the boundary.  This is as
L> far as I got playing with it before I decided to go a different route
L> (simply disabling suspicious multi-part files by marking them as
L> text/plain in the headers:

You just change the first "Content-Type: " header to "text/plain"?

I am on an email list that uses an attachment stripper and after stripping
attachments creates a new message with any text parts plus a "tag" part
stating that attachments were stripped. The cute thing is that it creates
the new message as "multipart/alternative" with the "tag" as the first
part. I usually have to pull up the raw message to see the text part,
depending on which MUA I'm using on any given day (IMAP from multiple
platforms). Changing that header should just give me the raw message in my
reader (minus headers) correct?

Gerald V. Livingston II

Configure your Email to send TEXT ONLY -- See the following page:
http://expita.com/nomime.html

'74 Kombi (to be renamed - LifeSaver doesn't 'feel' right)
'69 Type 1 - AirBall the Rolling Basket Case
http://www.phorce1.com
http://www.buskatiers.org