Re: Procmail corrupting User mailfile

2003-06-12 05:52:27
On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 04:44:47PM -0700, Christopher Sherman wrote:

It appears that procmail is corrupting the mail file for users when
the user receives a message with Content-length mismatch

Since procmail only reads and saves messages transparently unless you
tell it to do something more, shall we say, destructive, I don't see
how procmail could be corrupting messages, unless you have a specific
recipe or recipes that rewrite the body.  What a mismatched Con-
tent-Lenth: header could cause is procmail's inability to discern
where a message starts, but that would not affect individual messages
arriving through the server where procmail is an MTA, methinks.  It
would, rather, only be an issue if formail or another process is
feeding an existing mailbox to procmail.  Right?

Anyway, have you looked in `man procmail'?  I'll bet not.  There is
this, for instance:

       -Y   Assume  traditional  Berkeley  mailbox format, ignore
            any Content-Length: fields.

Log follows

Jun  3 10:32:12 hmail ipop3d[13934]: Login user=*******
host=[192.*.***.***] nmsgs=0/0

Since this is not a procmail log, I have no idea why you are showing it
to us.

proto=SMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=[206.64.120.5]
Jun  3 10:32:18 hmail spamd[824]: connection from localhost [127.0.0.1] at
port 33212
Jun  3 10:32:18 hmail spamd[13940]: info: setuid to hsiunga succeeded
Jun  3 10:32:18 hmail spamd[13940]: processing message
<LISTMANAGERSQL-1504865-32015-2003(_dot_)06(_dot_)03-13(_dot_)26(_dot_)10--*******#****************(_dot_)com(_at_)mail(_dot_)asmusa(_dot_)org>

for *******:562, expecting 4929 bytes.
Jun  3 10:32:18 hmail spamd[13940]: bad protocol: header error:
(Content-length mismatch: 4929 vs. 4923)

What, again, does this have to do with procmail?

--
dman