SpamAssassin breaking Procmail

2003-06-19 10:23:56
I've just had to move my mail to a new host. Both have identical versions of procmail and spamassassin, both installed from the FreeBSD Ports collection.

SpamAssassin version 2.55
procmail v3.22 2001/09/10

There are no system-wide config files installed for either program. I have identical copies of ~/.procmailrc, ~/.spamassassin/ configurations setup on my home dir, for each machine.

To call spamassassin, I'm using the recipe from the FAQ, at:

http://spamassassin.org/dist/procmailrc.example

When a message is piped into procmail via the .forward, the first set of rules it hits are the spamassassin rules. Once a message makes it through spamassassin, procmail does not match on any of my defined rules. It continues to check the message, but never matches. If I remove the entire spamassassin rule from my .procmailrc, mail is filtered as normal.

Spamassassin does not appear to be munging the messages at all. A diff of a message before/after, with foo being the original, foo2 after going through spamassassin.

---

<james(_at_)absinthe:~> diff foo foo2
19a20,24
21c26
24a30,31

---

I'm truly baffled as to what could be causing this, as this setup worked flawlessly on my previous machine. I dug through the list archives, and did some googling, and found one other user out there experiencing this, but no resolution.

I've watched verbose output of both spamassassin, and procmail logging, neither provides any insight as to what the trouble could be.

Any ideas?

-James