procmail calling SA, username as parameter

2003-06-28 15:36:10
Hello colleagues and geeks,

I ask you for help with the following setup: (Linux, exim/sendmail/postfix/etc, procmail, spamassassin)

We have a central server with the SpamAssassion spamd-Server and few mailservers accessing this server via a global procmail-rule calling the spamc-process on that 'client'. (The users does not have homes)
So far no problem.

But now it comes to user-defined configurations.

I want to call the spamc-process with a parameter "-u user(_at_)servername". 'servername' is hardcoded with a shortcut for this server on each of them (i.e. "mail2"). Where 'user' stands I want the mbox-name of the mailbox of this user, usually the username itself.

(By calling SpamAssassin this way, I can build a php-interface to configure some scoring-stuff etc. and storing that in a database under the 'username' 'user(_at_)servername'. If someone wants to discuss this setup, I appreciate a PM. :))

What I want to know is, how can I tell procmail to execute that script and send the current username/mbox-name in the paramater as shown above?

Thank you in advance,

Dennis Breithaupt