Re: how to match a header with a newline and tab?

2003-07-07 08:59:27
Miernik wrote:

I am trying to match posts from a mailing list which has a header like
this:

In the head, but not in the body, procmail treats a continuation newline (one that is follwed by space or tab) as a space. "$" will not match to a continuation newline in the middle of a header. The surest way to match to such a continuation newline is ... wait a minute, you forbade us to tell you:

I want to learn howto match these things, so please don't just tell me
to put .* there ...

That's contradictory. You want to learn how, but you single out the correct answer as something you will not accept. That leaves us three options: (a) defy you and tell it to you anyway, (b) send no response at all, or (c) post a wrong answer.

I'll choose to defy you: use .* or (\<)* or (\>)*; I would not recommend using a literal space because the next message with that header may not have that break, or it may have the break somewhere else in the header.