Detecting failed execution via pipe & re-executing later

2003-07-22 15:52:54

So I have this need to run mail matching a certain critera through an
executable which queries/updates a database.  The problem is that the
database is backed up on a regular basis, and to get a good backup, we
have to take it down.

Hence, I want to detect the script failing, and re-queue up the mail for
delivery in say 5 minutes.  Any suggestions on how to complete this
script?

:0 W
* ^Subject.*ticketing system
* ^FROM(_dot_)*(_at_)skytel\(_dot_)com
| /export/home/secpage/bin/skytel-close.pl

:0 e
<do something to re-queue the email for future delivery>

Thanks,
Aaron

--
Aaron Turner <aturner at pobox.com|synfin.net>  http://synfin.net/aturner
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin