Need some help on regexp

2003-07-28 14:22:09
I would like a Regular Expression wizard to correct me on this.

I am trying to have procmail check if the From: field is valid.

This regular expression is working so far in my sandbox, but of course I
am a bit hesitant to go live with it, I have no clue if I am taxing some
resources, did I get this right or am I just wasting my time
re-inventing something?

Here is what I can think of so far (after reading a bit in several
regexp resources):

It seems that my ISP is unable to install sendmail properly nor would
allow me to have access to build a new sendmail.cf file to prevent
accepting mail from email addresses that are not properly formatted.

I am getting emails from addresses like jokes(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)nowhere

Now the above catches  jokes(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)now as part of the address and
will still accept it, what can I do to prevent that from happening?
Or did I have the wrong approach?

You help, as always, will be appreciated.
Thank you.