Spam Filtering for outbound mail

2003-08-05 13:48:15
Not sure if this is a procmail thing or an SA thing, so I'm asking the spam assassin people the same thing just in case. :)

What I'm wanting to do is to start filtering all of our outbound mail for spam and viruses sometime soon. We're getting enough of our clients who work off our SMTP server farm who are either trying to spam and get away with it, or getting viruses and spamming everyone on the planet with those. I'd like to put the kabosh on that right now. Since the only services that these 4 servers run is ssh and smtp (via qmail) and their current max load is at best 25% I'd like to start now before things start growing too much and this becomes difficult. The SMTP farm is to provide a reliable outgoing mail server to our customers, (no incoming) but at the same time I don't want us to become a menace to the internet.

        Two things I'd like to do on our outgoing mail servers.

1. Filter all outgoing mail for spam and viruses and trash all flagged emails or store them in a folder till I can get a look at them. 2. Count how many times a given IP sends a message that is filtered out then generate a log and send it to me every day, or store it somewhere that I can ssh in and retrieve that information.

Not sure if this is asking too much, or if I'm completely in the wrong mailing list, but I wanted to ask just to be certain.