YAVR: a few words...

2003-08-21 13:54:10
Well.. I see Sobig.F did some damage.. and recipes startet to float around
again..

As I said back when YAVR was in version 1 and only one or two people used
it:
It was written from me as a challenge. I have fun (collect and research)
with viruses since 1995. That's all. And that is why YAVR collects them and
puts them in categories..

I didn't make it to teach anyone scoring techniques or how to write recipes.
I am still learning and I searched a lot throught the net before I decided
to release it.

I know that body checks are "expensive" and have ideas on how to change
that, but not yet since I see YAVR to filter about 1-2 MB of viruses per day
easily.

But hey.. I didn't write that recipe to save the world! I'm always open to
working sugestions and I also see other people using virus strings from YAVR
to their recipes. That makes me happy as its like a game for me.. I really
find more important the string for the polymorphic Bugbear-b or the macro
strings I put in YAVR than all Sobig variants together..

Relax people.. and enjoy..

(btw. I think YAVR will be mentioned in an article for procmail scoring at
October's Linux Magazine. Thanks all that helped me and will continue)

signature text:
  Nikos K. Kantarakias
  URLs:  http://www.nikant.tk/
         http://www.skiathos.tk/