Re: editing headers

2003-09-19 02:23:52
Ted Baltz wrote:

I'd like to have procmail invoke something to edit the Subject: header
of incoming mail.  We've got this site-wide spam filter (puremessage)
that not only puts in a X-blahblahblah header with its spam probability
estimate, but it also prepends the subject of high-probability-spam
messages with [SPAM:#] (with some number of #'s from 1 to 5).

I'd like to remove this junk, as its redundant and often wrong.  The
X-blah headers are of course fine, and I filter on them.

Basically, I want to turn "Subject: [SPAM#{1,5}] blah blah blah" into
"Subject: blah blah blah".  Is there an easy / fast way to do this?  I
am no sed expert!

Not sure about sed but in Perl that would be something like

:0fhw
* Subject: \[SPAM#
| /usr/bin/perl5 -n -p -e 's/^Subject: \[SPAM#[0-5]\] (.*)$/Subject: $1/'

The extra procmail match is kind of redundnant, but you can avoid invoking an
external filter if no SPAM# is present in the header.

Alternatively, you can modify the subject using formail, something like this
(untested):

:0fhw
* Subject: \[SPAM#[0-9]\] \/

--