Re: Recipe Correctness ?

2003-09-21 18:29:36
At 08:47 2003-09-22 +1000, mpierce wrote:

Here are the two recipes which I include in the file, rc.other that
procmail uses. Both recipes have been modified to accept mail only from
either mpierce, mrpierce or marvinrpierce

FTR, "from" implies the sender, not the recipient.

 @ optusnet.com.au,
teebookglobal.com or 303Sport.com.

.. and apparently yahoo.com.au as well.

If mail not addressed to those email addresses, then consider the mail
spam as my subscriptions are in another file, rc.subscriptions which
procmail processes before rc.other:

If a spammer addresses a message TO those addresses, then what?

*
!^TO_(mpierce|mrpierce|marvinrpierce)@(optusnet\.com\.au|teebookglobal\.com|303S
port.com|yahoo.com.au)

Note that this is a NOT condition, and since you deliver within this recipe, it makes me wonder why you have the very same inverted condition on the following recipe, which should NEVER encounter a message which this recipe has already disposed of, and therefore, the score will never be added below.

#Spam avoidance of certain routes and if not for me personally
:0:
* -1^0
*  1^0 ? formail -x"Received:" | egrep -is "dialsprint\.net"
*  1^0 ? formail -x"Received:" | egrep -is "sccmmhc02\.asp\.att\.net"
*  1^0 !
^TO_(mpierce|mrpierce|marvinrpierce)@(optusnet\.com\.au|teebookglobal\.com|303Sport.com|yahoo.com.au)
$MAILDIR/spam/

Additionally, those two received: lines seem overly complicated - you shouldn't need to invoke formail or egrep, just do:

* 1^0 ? Received:.*dialsprint\.net

Which will be a LOT faster. Or, perhaps I'm missing something and you mean to be doing something different?