Re: automatic answer to subscribe redhat demo account

2003-10-17 12:41:09
At 19:51 2003-10-17 +0530, François Patte wrote:
Is it possible to send an automatic reply for the renewall of the demo account opened at redhat site for automatic up2date. Here is the interresting part of the message sent by redhat:

If it was a simple EMAIL response, then yea, it'd be possible. This one implies hitting a website, which is trickier.

> If you would like to fill in the survey and continue your demo account,
> visit:
> http://rhn.redhat.com/renew/index.pxt/2682255/46f........

If merely hitting the site would suffice, then you could do a match and then invoke a program to retrieve the document:

:0i
* ^From: whatever
* ^Subject: perhaps also a constant
* B ?? ^\/http://rhn\.redhat\.com/.*
| wget -a - -S -O redhat.log $MATCH

This is untested, but it should give you an idea. However, if you must fill out a survey, then you have to write something to do that, which is completely outside of the scope of procmail, which isn't a webtool.

François Patte
[snip]

Whoa, there's a sig.