[OT] User Spam Filters

2003-11-09 12:31:42
Off topic but some of you may have suggestions -- please reply directly to
me OFF LIST!

I work at a small ISP. We run a Win based MTA that I can't get the boss to
give up <sigh>.

What are some of you using as a spam frontend THAT USERS CAN EDIT/CHANGE.
Has to some type of point/click add rules type of interface, we have a LOT
of elderly customers and first time internet users. I can write the rules
if they have a way to choose them.

Our MTA has built in rules processing but writing decent rules is beyond
our users. It's built in heuristic spam scoring routines SUCK -- and
"normal" spam filter processes like invalid from or dnsbl checks are
absolute -- they either add a header, or delete the mail -- no way to have
them add to a spam score.

I'm tired of trying to reduce the spam volume at the ISP level. I've tried
several times to tell my boss that we CAN'T do it without catching some
mail that people WANT to recieve. I turn filters on -- then a few days
later I turn them back off again when the complaints pile up.

HELP!! <please>

--
Gerald V. Livingston II

Configure your Email to send TEXT ONLY -- See the following page:
http://expita.com/nomime.html

'74 Kombi (to be renamed - LifeSaver doesn't 'feel' right)
'69 Type 1 - AirBall the Rolling Basket Case
http://www.phorce1.com
http://www.buskatiers.org