Re: matching addr in msg body for formail

2003-11-13 17:07:31
At 02:02:00, on 11.13.03:
Toen ik deb kietelde, kwam er dit uit:

Ruud, what is the translation for the above line?  Is the language Dutch?

Thanks for responding.  I've been trying to understand the example
you posted, but I am having a little trouble.

The more known headers, the better. If you can, add checks of the From_
header, any List-headers, etc.

Okay, one (probably naive) question:  Why would I want to match on the date?

My next question has to to do with this line in your email (which seems to
have been munged:

  * B ?? ^^$$.*<\/[^>]+> requests that you approve the
ollowing:$$[  ]+unsubscribe .*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was supposed to be,

* B ?? ^^$$.*<\/[^>]+> requests that you approve the following:$$[
]+unsubscribe .*

The problem is, I don't understand exactly what this line is doing.  The
B says look in the body for the following line, and I think that it's supposed
to match what is inside the angle brackets, right?

Then after that, on the same line, I'm not sure what is happening at the end.

  {
     M = "$MATCH"

     :0
     * M ?? ^^\/[^>]+
     { Req_addr = "$MATCH" }

Once this above matches (I haven't been able to get a match yet in my testing),
how to I use Req_addr?  $Req_addr or "$Req_addr" ?  Should I have seen this
in the man page?

The following looks munged again.  Unless I'm missing something... (which given
my current track record, that could be the case).

     :0
     * M ?? ^^[^>]+> requests that you approve the
ollowing:$$[  ]+unsubscribe \/.*
     { M = "$MATCH" }

     :0
     { Listname = "$MATCH" }