Deleting high-scoring SPAM

2003-12-22 20:32:33
I recently attempted to implement a (fairly simple I thought) procmail rule to
delete mail with a high SpamAssassin score. I'm wondering if someone would be
willing to tell me what I did wrong? The mails are deleted but I still get a
message with blank subject and blank body.

I'm using qmail and have spamassassin running as a replacement qmail-queue file
in /var/qmail/bin which then passes it on to the real qmail-queue file. I just
added in a pipe to send it through procmail before passing on to qmail-queue as
such:

spamc | procmail -m -p delete-high.rc | qmail-queue.original

The delete-high.rc file contains:

:0:
/dev/null

:0

SpamAssassin scoring includes a header with a quantity of * characters to
represent the score. If it's 12 or above in this example, I don't want to even
see it, dump it to /dev/null, don't even bother me with it.

I've also tried this on a different server in a .qmail file and still got the
blank emails each time a high-scoring spam was dumped.

I realize it's probably something very simple I've done wrong.. But then I have
never professed to be a procmail expert :)

Thanks in advance!