/etc/procmailrc through sendmail

2003-12-23 06:27:04
Hi, I've recently set up a /etc/procmailrc file to redirect all bounce
notifications into a separate folder for processing, it looks like this.

VERBOSE=on
DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail
LOGABSTRACT=all

:0
* ^Content\-Type\:\ multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status; {
        :0 c
        ${DEFAULT}/bounce

        :0
        ! me(_at_)myotherdomain(_dot_)com
}

:0:
${DEFAULT}/${USER}
#end of procmail

When I run this directly with procmail (procmail < mail.test) it works fine.
However when I run Sendmail I get nothing. Before setting up this procmailrc
all bounces were going to /var/spool/mail/root (the user who was sending the
original mail) but now they aren't going anywhere and I'm getting nothing in
the procmail log file.
The relevant lines in my sendmail.mc file looks like this (num to left of :
is just line num)

25      :       define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
76      :       FEATURE(local_procmail,`',`procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u')dnl

which translates to the following in my sendmail.cf

Mlocal,     P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9, S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL,
R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
        T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
        A=procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u

I've been fiddling about with it all for quite a long time now and my little
bag of fiddles is fast being frittered away.

Thanks for any help
Rob