SmartList issue.

2004-01-06 21:41:45
I'm running a Postfix system (MacOS X 10.3.2) at home, and ... of late, I've noticed something.

After a particularly vexing experience where work's main mail server was dropped into a DNSBL because a customer of a certain mailinglist (which I don't maintain) mistook a thread for spam, I tried some experiments, and have tweaked rc.init as follows:

minnames        =       0       # minimum number of names per call
mindiffnames    =       0       # minimum for maxnames-minnames
maxnames        =       1       # maximum number of names per call

However, of late, I'm noticing that from time to time, it appears that SmartList is not closing the messages that it is putting into the mailq. If I send a subsequent message, even to an unrelated list, the messages that are being held all release and are delivered.

Is anyone else noticing this?
If it becomes necessary to replace SmartList, what would y'all recommend?
Mailman?

Aloha mai Nai`a!
--
"Please have your Internet License             http://kapu.net/~mjwise/