Re: newbie

2004-01-19 13:28:16
On Friday 16 Jan 2004 6:39 pm, Jim Marhaus wrote:

I've added my newsgroups to SA whitelist and now processing mail
quicker.

BTW I was previously using spamd/spamc.

Badboy

tst wrote:
I have noticed that the time it takes for messages to get to my mail
client (Kmail) is increasing, is there a rule which stops procmail
passing mailing lists to SpamAssassin.

Consider using spamd/spamc instead of spamassassin, this way SA has less
per-message overhead. Also ideally you would use procmail to route these
lists to separate folders. Anyway, it depends on what kind of mailing list
you're talking about, and it's not clear what recipe you're using now, but
in general

this might work:
:0fw

* ! ^FROM_DAEMON
* < 358400

| spamassassin

Check the definition of the ^FROM_DAEMON macro in "man procmailrc". It's
quite likely it will also apply to some of your spam as well, so routing
the list mail before spam filtering could be worth while. Or use SA
whitelists.

-Jim