Attachments getting tripped that should be passing.....?

2004-03-01 09:25:41
We are using the following recipe in each user directory and I can't for the
life of me figure out why we're having so many tripped up.

VERBOSE=on
LOGABSTRACT=yes
LOGFILE=/home/ismgr/procmail.log
COMSAT=no

:0 B
! spambox-ismgr(_at_)atchisonkansas(_dot_)net

Does procmail look to meet both conditions in this recipe, or will one
qualify the message to it and then get dumped?

The reason I ask is that we have had many users try to email information and
files to users on the system and they have been routed to the user's
spambox, even when it didn't seem to have any content that violated the
recipe. I understand that the ms-tnef encoding can be an issue, but
unfortunately, the anomaly has occurred with mail sent from Macs running
Outlook Express as well. We know that the server is passing .doc files, yet
some still get tripped, which led me back to the encoding. That said, is
there a good reference that any of you can suggest that will explain the
encoding process, along with headers, mail, etc?

Thanks in advance, all.

Chris