RE: F in From is dropped

2004-03-01 12:27:31
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Alex S Moore wrote:

About 2 or 3 times a week, my mail stops being received from my mua.
When I look at the unix mail file, the first message is always missing
the 'F' in the From header.

Known procmail bug.  It's some kind of file descriptor conflict between
procmail and processes that it forks off (such as external filters); if
the forked process produces any output on stderr, procmail loses the first
byte from its cached copy of the message.  (There may be other behaviors
that also trigger this.)

I have code that I copied from somewhere that I thought would fix this,
but it does not.

You inserted that code in the wrong place.  It has to appear IMMEDIATELY
after the pipe to spamc, BEFORE any other recipes that put the mail into
files.