Re: empty line required at end of body?

2004-03-10 12:47:54
At 08:12 2004-03-10 -0800, Gary Funck wrote:
mail header. I added the final 'echo' though with belief that
a well-formed message body must always end with a blank line.
Is that the case? Will procmail add it for me when it delivers
the message, unless I specify 'r' (for "raw") as one of the
action modifiers?

Well, a one-line echo will include a newline as a matter of course. If you want an ADDITIONAL newline (which procmail will add when storing to mbx format anyway - though it adds only ONE, so messages which terminate w/o newline have issues, and this is a known problem), then you might check your echo manpage: GNU echo supports '-e', which would allow a rewrite of:

# Delete the body, and add a message
:0 fbi
| echo -e "Dangerous file attachment deleted by $HOSTNAME.\n"

(or similar - I'd strongly advise you drop SOMETHING in there to indicate where the attachment was removed).