Re: How to remove some text in the middle of a subject line

2004-03-10 15:32:29
At 17:02 2004-03-10 -0500, Christopher Benson wrote:
The example is pretty accurate for what I'm trying to do. In your recipe here what happens if there is another left or right bracket in the mix? Wouldn't that throw things off a bit?

Indeed, which is probably why Ruud asked how "real" the example was (by which he obviously meant to ask if the sytax you provided is consistent with the subject format on all the messages).

There's certainly the problem of Re[2]: type subject prefixes.

sed may be your best bet if you want to ensure that extra brackets don't mess you up, but you're going to end up with a few more program invocations.