Global delivery and permissions

2004-03-19 14:04:38
Hi,

Thanks for the help regarding the delivery of SA tagged messages from the
/etc/procmailrc to a 'neutral' location.

I have used /var/tmp/spam, with spam being in the Maildir format.
Permissions are set to allow messages to be delivered there, and I have
made a soft link from this back to my /home/roland/Maildir repository.

Mutt is set up so I can see this directory.

My only problem is that even though the message is being delivered by
/etc/procmailrc it carries the user id of who initiated the process, and
whilst mutt knows there are new messages I can't see them.

Is there a way to change the user id through a recipe via some logic or
small script? Is this the correct approach or have I missed the point
somewhere?

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

--
Regards,

Roland Hill                                  Registered Linux User #330226
http://pl.net/~rnrhill/rhweb.htm                   @ http://counter.li.org