Re: more ideas for distribution list reqd please

2004-03-31 00:20:16
Toen ik JM Fraser kietelde, kwam er dit uit:

If I have various rc.file in my .procmailrc file:

INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.file1
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.file2
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.file3
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.file4
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.file5

File number 3 and 4 are the rc.files in which I have specified your
example below:

*^From:.*(\
        *domain1.com|\
        *domain2.co.uk|\
        *domain3.ac.uk|\
MAIL/

There is a problem in the domain3-line there, at the end, see Sean's
text (you replaced the closing bracket by a continuing OR). That
will cause trouble, and makes one wonder even more (=less) what's
hidden inside the other included rcs.

I find that procmail bypasses rc.file 3 & 4 and deposits the
mail into the "generic" mailbox located "at the end" of rc.file5 which
is the last one.

Maybe, because of some error in one of your rcs, procmail stops and just
delivers to DEFAULT. Check your logs.

How can I get procmail to DEFFINATELY query rc.file3 & 4 before it finds
its way to the very bottom.

Do what you were told to do:

It'd be a REALLY good idea to THOROUGHLY debug your recipes before
subjecting all users to them.

--
Affijn, Ruud