Re: Procmail doesn't execute "cat"

2004-04-05 12:11:07
Hi --

I'm stuck and pulling my hair out ... RH 9, procmail 3.22 called from
courier.  The recipe tests for a file
      RESPONSE=/home/winwin/public_html/procmail/webmaster.txt
      * ? test -f  $RESPONSE
If the file exists the recipe executes various filters on the headers, then
ends with these two actions:
      :0 fbw
      | cat $RESPONSE

      :0 w
      ! -oi -t

The message gets filtered properly and delivered as expected, but the "cat"
fails every time, with these 3 lines in the log:

   procmail: Executing "cat,/home/winwin/public_html/procmail/webmaster.txt"
   cat: cat: No such file or directory
   procmail: Program failure (127) of "cat"

Cat is indeed working, from the command line -- but the recipe never gets
the file added to the body of the message.

Where is cat on your system?  Try using the full path to cat in your
recipe (or make sure that the PATH variable includes the appropriate
path)

Cheers,

Dave Stone