Re: exit codes, TRAP, etc.

2004-04-14 11:11:21
Dallman Ross wrote:

I had thought of essentially that first thing, and liked
it; but unfortunately, it does not seem to work, at least
under my testing.  I cannot find a simple way to see if
an INCLUDERC didn't execute, other than testing for something
that could only have happened inside the INCLUDERC.

I thought, from the way you stated it before, that testing the success or failure of something inside the INCLUDERC was exactly what you were after. Whether the INCLUDERC gets run at all is a very different question, which trying it first and asking for $? later won't answer.

Here's an approach:

mayberc=somefile # save in a variable rather than editing four places

:0
* 1^1 ! ? test -f "$mayberc" -a -r "$mayberc"
{ LOG="${NL}EXITCODE of looking for $mayberc was $=.$NL" }
:0E
{ INCLUDERC=$mayberc }

If the includerc doesn't contain any valid procmailrc code, that's a new problem.