Problem with ^TO_

2004-04-22 05:48:16
I have this rule that I created (thanks again to everyone who helped me with it over the past few weeks) that allows me to filter mail into folders based on the email address:

:0
* ^TO_ \/(_dot_)*(_at_)subdomain\(_dot_)domain\(_dot_)com
* MATCH ?? ()\/[^(_at_)]+
{
   snr_String  = $MATCH
   snr_Search  = "."
   snr_Replace = "-"
   INCLUDERC = inc/snr_fast.inc
   :0
   .$snr_Return/
}

Basically, if I get mail to amazon(_dot_)com(_at_)subdomain(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com, it gets put into a folder called "amazon-com".

I now discovered a problem. If the email address contains a name in it, the calculated folder name is screwed up. For instance, I recently got an email with this To: line:

To: Timur Tabi <amazon(_dot_)com(_at_)subdomain(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com>

With the above rule, procmail tried to create a folder called "Timur Tabi <amazon.com", which obviously didn't work.

I guess what I need is a way to strip out everything to left of and including the < if found. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

--
Timur Tabi
This email is digitally signed with my public key (S/MIME).

Looking for a low-cost, full-featured web host?
Try DreamHost: http://www.dreamhost.com/rewards.cgi?thetabis