Re: How to sort by Received: header ?

2004-06-21 01:18:57
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:51:57 +0200 Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle(_at_)freenet(_dot_)de> wrote:

How can I get the Domain/IP from the originating Sender of a Message ?

1. Pick a message

2. Note the date, time, from, to, and other identifying information from
the headers.

3. Start grepping your MAIL SERVER logs to find the entries for that
message and note the IP address that connected to your server to deliver
the message.

The information SHOULD also be in the message as the bottom-most Received:
header but I've seen headers mangled by all sorts of hosed up set ups. The
mail server log is the definitive place to find out which machine connected
to you to deliver the message.

Gerald