Re: procmail like lmtp server

2004-06-22 08:19:04
Fanton Flavio wrote:

I needed of a LMTP server so I have installed procmail and used it with xinetd (with -z args).

Are there any known bugs?

The only small problem that I see is with sender addresses in which the local part ends with a period e.g. local(_dot_)(_at_)sift(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk(_dot_) procmail says something like
Unable to parse sender address in MAIL FROM: <"local."@sift.co.uk>
It's not really a problem, because the only messages like this seem to be spam, but it'd be good if it worked, because my honey pot addresses would receive a little more spam and my MTAs wouldn't try to send the bounce messages.

--
Ian Prideaux
System Administrator