Re: Prioritizing matching of "best" header

2004-09-11 07:38:45
Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:

I use a multi-layered approach:

1. detect if the message is probably from a list
2. derive the Listname from the headers
3. find the Listname in a list-of-Listnames, and
   store the message in a common List-box if not found
   (and in the Listname's box if found)

I do much the same, except that I combine #1 and #2. For the lists I'm on, the detection that a message is from one of them would mean looking for such headers as List-Id: or Mailing-List: or X-BeenThere:, and I figure that when procmail finds sauch a header it might as well extract the listname right then.

Between that step and the finding/storing in Ruud's step #3, I have a bunch of filtering recipes for particular lists that arrive in states that are not to my liking, such as stripping out subject tags or forced Reply-To: lines or footer ads.