Re: How to add a 'In-Reply-To' using 'formail'. Plz help.

2004-09-20 07:57:41
On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 19:43, David W. Tamkin wrote:
Ankur asked,

Is there any way I can add the header 'In-Reply-To' to the mail before
hitting the Mailman using formail.

Yes, but the difficult parts for the software are figuring out whether
the message actually is a reply and should have an In-Reply-To: header
in the first place, and if so, finding which previous post it's
answering.  If the respective answers are "its subject starts with
`re:'" and "it will be the most recent preceding post with the same
subject modulo `re:'," then that is mere subject grouping, which any
mail client should be able to do already.

I agree, Its difficult for the software to figure out whats it parent
mail was. Is there any way to do this via threading, I mean adding
'In-Reply-To' header using the subject.

Any recipes around.
Thanks for your time

-Ankur

DWT, posting in the morning before hitting the mailman