blacklist

2004-09-28 05:14:08
Hello,

curently I have a blackist of more then 1400 E-Mails and most are
Anti-Anti-SPAM spamers... :-/

Now I have encountered that many of them does not send anymore and
now I like to make it better... by using timestamps for each E-Mail
I blacklist.

Because ONE big list is to much to load, I was thinking, I create
a folder where I put one file per E-Mail using the E-Mail-Address
as the filename. because i havbe non convince to "ctime", "mtime"
and "atime" I like to set the timestamp by using the serial-date
like:

echo `date +s%` > $HOME/.procmail/blacklist/spam(_at_)spam(_dot_)com

Then if a E-Mail comes in, it will be checked whether it is in the
blacklist-cache or not. If it is there I need to set the NEW serial-
date and send the message to /dev/null otherwise it is delivered normal.

Second I run a daily cron job which check, if one E-Mail-Adress is older
for example 2 month and if yes, it will be deleted.

Question:   Does anyone have done this, and if yes, HOW ?

Note: spamassassin need around 5-20 seconds for checking one Message
with its bayesian filter.

The blacklistsystem is probably faster...

OK, I can pipe the message through a BASH-Script what I already do,
but I like to do it with 'procmail', because the BASH eats up to much
resources.

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi