Re: Blacklist via mail folder

2004-11-02 04:50:19
On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 12:00:29PM +0100, Dallman Ross wrote:
As I stated, the suggestion is that you not use this method.
Think about it: for evey email your server receives, you intend
to parse through all headers of all email sitting in your spam pile.
That's a lot of work!

If we use formail to grab the From_ header  -- mind, it gets much more
complicated to grab multiple header fields that way and still have them
all formatted as only an email address, which is what we would want --
it still means that formail has to cycle through all messages in your
spam pile every time a new message comes into your server, and formail
will be extracting all those From_ fields recursively.  Bah.

I for got to say that lots of spam is forged to come from "you."  So
you will end up in your own blacklist!  Fsvo you, of course, including
all your users, however.

--
dman