Re: Reverting back to a simple blacklist

2004-11-07 15:24:08
On Nov 5, Poohba (nospam-poohba(_at_)blkpoohba(_dot_)dyndns(_dot_)org(_dot_)ns)
typed:

poohba:  I figured I would create a script to read from my blacklist mail folder
poohba:  and get the 'From:' email addresses and move them to my
poohba:  /home/user/.killfile.  So now I need to get my old blacklist working
poohba:  again.  I've tried the following but too much mail goes to the trash
poohba:  that shouldn't.  I am glad I have it going to trash instead of
/dev/null
poohba:  but how do I get this to only put in the trash those emails that have a
poohba:  From: header or Reply-To: header that matches whats in the $BLACKLIST ?
poohba:  I had 'Reply-To:' in the recipe also but took it out.
poohba:
poohba:  BLACKLIST=$HOME/.killfile
poohba:  :0
poohba:  *$ ? test -s $BLACKLIST
poohba:  * ? (formail -x From: -x Received: | fgrep -iqf $BLACKLIST)
poohba:  trash

I posted a similar problem back in mid-Oct.  I eventually tried different
flags, and want to suggest that you put a -x flag in fgrep.  You may find
that this will help.

Birl