Re: incorrect match

2004-11-16 03:34:42
On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 11:48:56PM -0800, Professional Software Engineering
wrote:

If you're looking to match [SPAM] at the beginning of the subject line,
then use a condition line like so:

* ^Subject:[  ]*\[SPAM\]

Note the brackets around SPAM are escaped, which sheds them of their
special regexp meaning.  The bracketed space before that is a space and tab.

That will work fine.  In truth, you don't need the slash before the "]"
though, only before its lefty mate.  Many people use both slashes for,
I don't know, symmetry or parallelism, but the "]" char doesn't require
it.  No harm done by one, though.

---
dman (we lefties need to have an escape to work right) :-)