procmail errors on cpanel/exim

2004-11-16 18:46:26
Hi all,

I see .procmailrc setup on a cpanel account with Exim, on the domain
level. The .forward file has this in it:

        |/usr/bin/procmail

All the mail for the domain is routed to the default mailbox account, with
the assumption that all local mail delivery to the individual mailboxes
would be handled with:

        :0
        * ^(To|Cc)(_dot_)*user(_at_)domain(_dot_)com
        /home/rootolog/mail/domain.com/user/inbox

The whole system works perfectly, including for aliased/parked domains,
which apparently is a pain to set up on cpanel with Exim. The only problem
is that EVERY email sent to anything@ any of the domains gets a bounce
back from the server with this:

###############

  pipe to |/usr/bin/procmail
    generated by $user(_at_)$servername

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/usr/bin/procmail

###############

Has anyone seen this before, and corrected it on cpanel/Exim? I've tried
about every flavor of .forward and procmail trick and cannot get rid of it
successfully. Using "|/usr/bin/procmail -f-" I believe got rid of the
error, but it also ate all the incoming email. $user(_at_)$servername is not in
the actual error, I just didn't want to broadcast that in the email and
have it be saved for posterity on 20 archives.

..
Regards,
Joe

http://www.szilagyi.us
http://www.rootology.com
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
                -- Booker T. Washington