Re: Some ideas to improve performance

2004-11-24 03:53:25
Toen wij mailarch(_at_)xy1(_dot_)org kietelden, kwam er dit uit:

The file.mbox contains more than 10 000 messages!
This means that formail will pipe(), fork() and exec()
procmail 10 000 times!!!
It's very slow!

There are easy ways to improve on that. One way is to use
lockfiles that have the seconds-part of the Date-header in
the filename (which would limit it to 60 procmails). In the
same way you can limit it to 10 or 600 procmails, or whatever.

What I need would be that:
- support for multiple messages, currently procmail reads only one
  message from stdin, so formail is no more needed with my problem.
- support for the bison/yacc tools to precompile the procmailrc file
in a C file, and to compile the regex rules.

That is what you think that you need. I know you don't.

--
Grtz, Ruud