help for a newbie

2004-11-27 20:14:07
Hey list
I've used procmail to sort my list for sometime now, but
would like to add some additional functions.
I've used some spam filters but don't like the idea of having to constantly
update some database, this seems to add to the work load of trying to do
something automatically,as well as having to constantly update the database
with new info.
What I would like to do is:
1. recieve the email
2. check the recieved email against a "whitelist"
3. If the recieved email is on my "whitelist" list.. deliver
4. If the recieved email is not on my "whitelist" list send it to spam hell
5. process my subscribed mail list

Here's what I've tried:
        1. For all of the below, the following applies:

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/opera/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/qt/3/bin
SHELL=/bin/bash
PMDIR=$HOME/Procmail
# Put ## before LOGFILE if you want no logging (not recommended)
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
LINEBUF=4096
FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail
WHITELIST=$HOME/.mutt.aliases

#http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=14589&highlight=procmail
#MAILDIR=$HOME/.maildir/
DEFAULT=$HOME/.maildir

# To insert a blank line between each message's log entry,
# uncomment next two lines (this is helpful for debugging)
LOG="
"

# Set to no if you want minimal logging
LOGABSTRACT=yes

VERBOSE=yes
MAILDIR=$HOME/.maildir
#INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.lists

:0 c
backup
:0 ic
| cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,32d`

#http://mjfrazer.org/~mjfrazer/procmail.html
# if the message is from an address on the whitelist, don't spamcheck
:0
* !? $HOME/whitelist
{

Ok,from the above, if it's on the whitelist, what happens next?

where does it go/not go and how can I get this to deliver to my inbox?

Thanks for the suggestions
jerry